The Cone Beam 3D CT imaging system gives our oral and maxillofacial practice state-of-the-art technology to help Drs. Coleman and Coleman diagnose potential issues more accurately and provide treatment with unprecedented confidence. Unlike a traditional spiral CT scanner, this 3D system utilizes cone beam CT technology and provides precise, crystal-clear digital images while minimizing your exposure to radiation. The Cone Beam scanner we use is specifically designed for head and neck imaging, and is much simpler and more comfortable for the patient than conventional CAT scan machines.
Cone Beam 3D CT imaging is utilized for:
- Visualization of the extent of the bone loss which has occurred, and the remaining quantity of bone.
- Determination of bone quantity and density as it relates to implant placement.
- Evaluation of nerve positioning prior to extraction of teeth or placement of implants in the back of the lower jaw.
- Visualization of sinus cavities to detect chronic and/or acute sinus problems.
- Planning of implant placement prior to actual treatment, through the utilization of the 3D scan with various computer software programs.
The scan only takes 14 seconds, and is easier in most instances than conventional dental x-rays.
Computer programs can then be utilized with the information gained from the CT scan to plan ideal implant placement. This allows a much greater degree of safety with implant placement ins areas where significant amounts of bone have been lost.